Music by SpaceBlaze and YZZY


EPK
Quantcast

Music Player web
Quantcast

Avril live Concert in KL 29th Aug 2008

Monday, September 1, 2008 |

What a day....last friday both of us went to concert with Charmin & John.

(Betty, your turn to write here. Hahaha...)

OK, here I am!

Basically, Lone and I went there pretty early, like 3 hours before the concert began, because we had to collect our tickets, and also we wanted to get good seats since it was free seating. So had our dinner on the roadside, eating Ramly burgers, that were really greasy and yummy! (I hadn't had them in years!)

Then we got in line at the entrance, waiting for the doors to open. Let me just say one thing, Stadium Merdeka is old, and falling apart, and someone should really do something to revive the place, or else it should be condemned!

Lone and I both don't understand why the heck the organizers chose to hold Avril's concert here at all when there are many other better venues! What an impression this old stadium must have given her and her crew, when she's performing in loads of stadiums around the world that must be a lot more impressive!

Anyway, they finally opened the doors after we waited for a long while, and we did manage to get "good" seats near to the stage, but "good" is really relative, because it was good as far as the choices went, but the choices were really bad.

So we sat, and the clouds came, and it started raining, and we had no umbrella. The concert wasn't due to start for a while, and we were just sitting miserably, hoping that the rain wouldn't get heavier.

Unfortunately, it did. Fortunately, the organizers gave out disposable raincoats to everyone. Unfortunately, the raincoats couldn't exactly keep out all the rain. Fortunately, the rain stopped after a loooonnnng while. Unfortunately, within the next few days, and with the funky weather, I came down with a sore throat, a cough, and a mild fever. Fortunately, I'm feeling a little bit better now, but unfortunately, I'm still coughing my head off.

Sighhhh......

Anyway, going to the toilets were a real challenge, as they were those portable toilets which, if you're a girl and you've ever tried one, you know you'll try to avoid as much as you can.

When the concert finally started after 9pm, we realized exactly how bad having a concert at Stadium Merdeka was. First of all, the place was too big and the sound was too dispersed. Ok, the sound system itself was probably really good, but the sound was really just too dispersed, and since we were sitting so far from the stage (and our seats were the "good" ones!) the cheering from the crowd drowned out a lot of the music.

Secondly, while there were a lot of people, they were all over the place, and all too far apart, so the energy was really dispersed too. Which made the whole thing feel kinda boring at times.

However, venue, weather, and situation aside, Avril was great!

I'm not a fan of her latest album, to be honest, but I do enjoy some of the songs on that album, and she sang many from her older albums, which I love, as well. Lone posted up some video clips of some of her performances, if anyone's interested. =)

One thing though, I am so in awe of her. I knew she could sing and play the guitar, but I didn't know until she sang "When You're Gone", that she could play the piano too. And until later, when she sang "Runaway" (I think, I was so amazed that I forgot to pay attention to the song, LOL!), that she could play the drums!!

Not to mention that she sang really well throughout the night. Anyone who's ever tried to sing her songs know they're not easy, and because she also sings in the higher keys. Many singers sound great on recordings and not so great live, but Avril was really great live too! She's renewed my admiration in her. =)

So anyway, bottom line is, I'm really glad I went, despite all the unfortunate stuff... =P Because Avril was great. And it isn't often I get to go to concerts of artistes I actually like! LOL! Hopefully, there'll be more to come! =)

-=Betty=- @ 8.59pm September 06 2008